Milestone Achievements since 2016
In 2017, Dr Faye Miller founded Human Constellation Consulting, after 12 years of experience in leadership roles in universities, technology industry and research organisations in the United States, Australia and the UK, including completing her PhD in knowledge ecosystems.
- Established global knowledge brokering consulting services linking research, policy and practice at the intersections of: social technology, information and learning experience design, software engineering and user experience, mental health and wellbeing, social sustainability and regeneration.
- Invited speaker and facilitator in career pathways narratives for knowledge brokering (200+ participants from various disciplines and industries) partnering with Australian Academy of Science & Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), resulting in a co-authored article published by the Australian National University’s Integration and Implementation Insights, republished by RealKM (Knowledge Management).
- Expanded program offerings in narrative coaching and counseling for creative professionals and transdisciplinary scientists, social scientists and technology practitioners.
- Became a qualified career development and counseling practitioner with distinction at Queensland University of Technology, building on PhD (completed 2014, QUT) and research publications in high impact Quartile 1 journals in career development and knowledge ecosystems for transdisciplinary innovation.
- Completed second round of narrative coaching sessions (100+) for creative professionals in the United States and Australia, with every client expanding their incubated projects towards production phase.
- Presented a narrative career development research session accepted at International Transdisciplinarity Conference, Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences, Switzerland.
- Developed and presented transdisciplinary career pathways narratives sessions at Queensland University of Technology and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research conference.
- Published an internationally recognised book on Producing Shared Understanding for Digital Social Innovation, with Palgrave Macmillan/Springer. Concepts and methods from the book were featured on the Australian National University’s Integration and Implementation Insights website.
- Speaker and musical performer at International Documentary Association conference, Los Angeles.
- Completed first round of coaching sessions with a group of creative professional clients from the International Documentary Association network.
- Established creative consulting and coaching services in film producing, writing and storytelling, with a range of individual clients based in the United States.
- Published lead authored UX research paper using grounded theory method investigating information experiences on Twitter at Harvard University.
- Professional membership at International Documentary Association and attended IDA conference in Los Angeles, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Human Constellation Consulting was founded by Dr Faye Miller.
- Established experience design and policy research consulting services with collaborators and clients: Reddit Inc., Twitter Inc., Harvard University, San Jose State University, Organisation for Identity and Culture, UCL University College London, Deakin University, The Conversation Media Group, ArcWeb Technologies, University of Melbourne.
- Received Teaching Award for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning (University of Canberra) for successful supervision and facilitation of 50+ professional practice and applied research projects with postgraduate students based at various organisations in the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and Europe.
- Member of organising team for Science Communication workshop and speaking tour with the Centre for the Public Awareness of Science at the Australian National University and the Alda Center for Communicating Science, Stony Brook State University of New York.
- Completed Leadership and Coaching program at Australian School of Applied Management/University of Melbourne.
- Completed postdoctoral research as co-lead researcher in evidence-based practice in information leadership with Queensland University of Technology, funded by an Australian Research Council Discovery grant.
- Produced and co-edited Imaginative Storytelling Experiences documentary project with Falmouth University UK and Sir Tony Robinson. This project was cited in US Mellon Fellowship research on analog storytelling in childhood development.
- Co-Produced Immersive Journalism and Open Ethnography project with the BBC and OICD, University College London.